Just a few of the pieces that are coming in made into a heart by Sarah who is leading this project alongside Save the Children - how cool will it be to see your piece in the big installation!
If you love craft AND stitching AND you love being secretly AWESOME then this campaign ticks all the boxes! #imapiece imapiece.craftivist-collective.comCLICK the retweet button above now and help us raise awareness and show that the craft community wants the Government to use its power and influence as host of the 2013 G8 to tackle injustice.
— Craft Blog UK (@CraftBlogUK) January 30, 2013
Each piece of the puzzle will be stitched by a crafty person who gives a damn and has spent time and effort creating a piece, stitched with a message to remind us we can all improve the world and help fulfil its potential, 260 kids die every hour as a direct result of malnutrition - this is not acceptable to me and I wont turn my head yet another time to these statistics. I'm creative and I can use this talent to be a part of the solution. Please get involved! We have until Feb 28th to get our jigsaw pieces stitched and be secretly awesome.
No time? then just hit the retweet symbol or share this post on Facebook / pinterest or why not tell a friend in real life! (offline awesomeness!)
Do you want to take part in the Craftivist Jigsaw project in partnership with Save the Children? Follow these links to find out exactly how!
- Jigsaw template (printable pdf)
- Instructions (read these because they explain it all!)
- Story to reflect on (the tough stuff)
- Suggested content for your jigsaw piece (feel free to freestyle!)
- Template letter to your MP (who is my mp?not knowing doesn't mean you aren't awesome)
- Press Release template for your craftivism event
- Letter to Editor template (having an event would be the ultimate in awesome)
- MP lobbying guide (just a few tips if you feel like being really awesome and want to say in conversation - "yeh, sorry I can't make it... I'm meeting my MP")
Go here for more info -