1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I like things that work! For me function is really important and the most beautiful objects and designs often arise from trying to solve a problem.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Every project always starts with an hb pencil and lots of paper to scribble and draw on. Whether it’s a marketing scheme for a new client or work on our house, I need to get all the ideas down!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I’ve worked with lots of talented, creative people within the craft industry, however, my partner (who I met at University when we were both studying architecture) is by far the most creative person I’ve ever met! I’m always in awe of his ability to quickly transfer an idea for a design into a sketch that really brings a project alive.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I’m lucky to live near the sea and a walk along the shoreline with my dog is always inspiring. I work with social media everyday so for me I need to get away from the visual overload of the internet, especially Pinterest!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I am always researching! You have to know your subject inside out if you want to be taken seriously, for me that means constantly reading industry news and keeping ahead of the latest trends, in order to adapt and develop the content marketing schemes I create for my clients.